Department: Sales & Customer Care
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: Customer Support Manager
Sales & Customer Service Representative (CSR) is the primary point-of-contact for residential and/or small business customers to fulfill all service needs. CSR will educate customers on Company products/services, packages, increased speeds and advanced services and will positively promote and sell Company products/services. CSR will perform assigned duties and provide quality customer service to external and internal customers.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and physical demands.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following and may vary from position to position within the CSR classification.
• Provide excellent customer service by responding promptly, courteously, and professionally to all customer inquiries/correspondence by phone, in person, by email, or mail.
• Exhibits discretion and keeps customer and Company matters confidential, adheres to Company CPNI and Red Flag rules.
• Positively promote and sell Company products/services to new and existing customers.
• Receive and process Service Orders.
• Verify customer charges are correct on service order before closing to ensure correct billing to the customer.
• Address reported troubles; research billing disputes; and apply appropriate treatment to resolve customer complaints. Unresolved trouble/billing disputes should be referred to Supervisor.
• Accept customer payments and post to the appropriate accounts when payment is received.
• Balance cash drawer daily and ensure accuracy of all cash transactions and associated reports.
• Establish and enforce special payment arrangements and post information accurately on customer accounts.
• Write routine letters and correspondence to customers.
• Investigate returned mail on customer accounts; process address changes on billing system and update directory listing as requested by the customer.
• Send collection letters; prepare accounts to be turned over to collection agency; work closely with collection agencies; and maintain written off accounts.
• Complete, file, and/or maintain records or reports as assigned by Management.
• Set up and process automatic payments by ACH, Credit Card, E-Check or other auto pay options.
• Maintain directory, 911 and other database extracts.
• Support NDLD customers including entering and following up on trouble tickets.
• Perform daily remittance processing.
• Send CPNI notification letters and maintain appropriate audit reports.
• Receive and assist in inventory maintenance of customer premise equipment.
• Assist with Board Meeting preparations and arranging travel for Board Members as directed by Management.
• Maintain a good working relationship with software providers, customers, co-workers and management employees through prompt, courteous and professional communication.
• Effectively communicate and contribute to the team to promote an efficient and productive team environment.
• Make effective, reasonable decisions regarding customer issues using information at hand in a timely manner.
• Adhere to established company policies and procedures.
• Accept responsibility for decisions, conduct and actions.
• Demonstrate dependability through promptness, good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
• Must be able to travel overnight occasionally for training, meetings, and conferences.
• Perform all other related duties as assigned by management.* * These tasks do not meet the Americans With Disabilities Act definition of essential job functions and are usually less than 5% of time spent. However, these tasks still constitute important performance aspects of the job.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma with two to three years of high volume customer service or sales experience. Associates Degree in Business Administration or equivalent preferred but not required. Knowledge and proficient use of computers is required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform this job successfully.
• A friendly, outgoing personality with an aptitude for good customer and public relations is a must.
• Projects a positive, professional attitude and can adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
• Demonstrates strong communication and telephone etiquette skills.
• Ability to communicate and present information effectively at all times, both in writing and in speaking.
• Skilled in using personal computer and related software; copier; calculator; phone system; and fax machine.
• Can effectively use MS Word, MS Excel and Company specific software programs related to job duties.
• Maintains working knowledge of Company products and services.
• Knowledgeable of all Company policies/procedures, including safety policies, and adheres to them.
• Possesses excellent organizational skills and pays close attention to detail.
• Skill in identifying problems and resolving them.
• Skill in writing routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to maintain a good working relationship with software providers, customers, co-workers and management employees through prompt, courteous and professional communication.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written, oral or diagram form instructions.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts correctly for customer billings and products/services cost comparisons.
• Ability to read, interpret and understand documents, manuals, reports, and forms.
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment while prioritizing and completing multiple projects accurately within given timelines/deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and to work cooperatively and professionally with co-workers to promote an efficient and cohesive team environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Drivers License and maintaining insurability under the Company’s insurance plan is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to type/operate a keyboard; stand; walk; use hands, fingers, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required are close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.